Digicel Ring Back Tones FAQ
Subscription Fee: $1.50 CI per 30 days
InTune Purchase: $1CI per tune, valid for 90 days
IVR Costs: 20 cents/min
Launch Date: December 11, 2009
Logging Queries via Navigator: TBD
1. What is Digicel’s Ringback Caller InTunes service?
Digicel’s Ringback Caller InTunes is a service that allows customers to use ring back tones to personalize the tone that is played to their callers by subscribing to the service and purchasing tunes.
2. What is a ring back tone (RBT)?
A ring back tone is allows customers to replace the traditional “ring-ring” tone that callers hear before the call is answered with a song.
3. Are ring back tones different from ring tones?
Yes. A ring tone is what you hear from your phone when someone calls you. A ring back tone is what someone hears when they dial your number.
Ring back tones are stored on the Digicel network, while ring tones are saved on your handsets.
4. Does it matter what phone type and model phone the customer is using when subscribing to the InTunes service?
No. The customer’s ability to successfully subscribe to the service is not dependent on the make and model handset he/ she is using.
InTunes is a network function and is activated on the customer’s subscriber profile, unlike ring tones that are stored on the handset.
5. How does the Ringback Caller InTunes work?
The customer is required to subscribe to the service.
Subscription is for 30 days.
When someone dials the customer’s number the network recognizes that it is a subscriber to the InTunes service and plays the tune that was selected by the customer to the callers.
6. Is the InTunes service available to all Digicel customers?
Yes. The Ringback Caller InTunes service is available to all Digicel customers; that is all consumer and corporate account holders.
7. How does a customer subscribe to the Ringback Caller InTunes service?
Customers have five (5) options available for subscribing to the InTunes: o IVR by dialing 333
- SMS by sending keyword “act” to 333
- WEB by accessing link on the Digicel Cayman website
Subscribing via IVR
Customer dials 333. Will then receive prompt to press 1 to subscribe to the service
Customer then receives SMS confirming subscription as well as the IVR and WEB passwords. Subscribing via SMS
Send SMS with keyword “sub” to service number 333.
Will receive SMS confirming subscription as well as the IVR and WEB passwords. Subscribing via WEB
Log on to the Digicel Cayman website at www.digicelcayman.com
Click on the RBT link
Will then receive SMS with subscription activation and IVR and WEB passwords. Note: Upon subscription the customer’s number is automatically provisioned on the network for the Ringback Caller InTunes service.
8. What is the charge to subscribe to the Ringback Caller InTunes service?
Customers are required to subscribe to the service.
The subscription fee is $1.50 per 30 days.
9. How does the customer know that they have been subscribed to the service?
Upon subscribing to the service the customer receives a confirmation message confirming subscription. The SMS also includes the password to access the IVR and to log in via the Website.
10. Is there an expiry period for the subscription to the InTunes service?
Yes. Each subscription is for 30 days.
11. Is the customer given an InTune upon subscribing to the service?
Yes. All Digicel customers who subscribe to the Ringback Caller InTunes service will be given a default InTune upon subscription.
Subscribers may personalize their profile by purchasing and activating other available tones.
12. What are the features of the InTunes service?
The Ringback Caller InTunes service allows customers to select tunes from a list of various categories to personalize the tone their callers hear.
The service also allows the customer to:
- Set a RBT for all callers
- Set a RBT for a specific number by creating a friends list
- Set a RBT for a specific group of callers by creating groups
- Set a RBT to play on particular days and at specific times
- Maintain an album of RBT for selection
- Gift a RBT to a friend
- Change RBT as often as needed
13. What kinds of Ringback Caller InTunes available?
InTunes are available in a number of categories. The categories include:
- Alternative Rock
- Hip Hop/ Rap, Jazz
- Religious/ Gospel
Customers may access the full list of categories and songs in each category can be obtained from all interfaces (IVR, SMS and WEB).
14. How to purchase a Ringback Caller InTune?
An InTune can be purchased through any of the access interfaces.
These include via IVR by calling 333, sending SMS to 333, WEB by logging on to www.digicelcayman.com, or through Customer Care by calling 100.
15. What is the cost to purchase a Ringback Caller InTunes?
Subscribers to the InTunes service are charged $1CI to purchase an InTune.
Should you decide to listen to songs via the IVR facility you will be charged 20 cents per minute.
16. How long is the InTune valid for after purchase?
Each InTune is valid for 90 days.
17. Am I able to listen to a Ringback Caller InTunes before purchasing it?
Yes. Customers may preview the InTunes free of cost via the WEB interface.
Link is available on the Digicel Cayman website at www.digicelcayman.com.
18. Is there a limit on the number of Ringback Caller InTunes that each customer may purchase?
No. Customers are not restricted as to the number of InTunes that can be purchased.
19. Is there an expiry period on the InTune purchased?
Yes. Each InTune is valid for 90 days.
Customers will be required to repurchase tones after expiration.
20. What happens after the Ringback Caller InTunes has expired?
The InTune is removed from the customer’s album upon expiring.
The customer may repurchase the ring tone for another 90 days at a cost of $1 each.
21. What is an album?
An album is a collection of InTunes that have been purchased by a customer.
An album is automatically created upon purchasing the first InTune.
22. Can a customer create his/ her own album?
Yes. A customer may create an album using any of the interfaces.
23. Is there a limit on the number of albums that each customer may have?
Yes. Customers are allowed to have a maximum of ten (10) albums at any one time.
Customers are allowed to delete, rename and create new albums at anytime.
24. Will the Ringback Caller InTunes be deleted from the customer’s profile when the album is deleted?
Yes. Upon deleting the album the Ringback Caller InTunes in the album will also be deleted from the customer’s profile.
Suggest that the customer transfer the Ringback Caller InTunes to another album before deleting the album.
25. Will the customer be charged for selecting an Ringback Caller InTunes that is already in his/ her album?
No. Customers will not be charged for selecting Ringback Caller InTunes that is already in their album.
Customers are only charged upon selecting Ringback Caller InTunes from the category listings.
26. How often can a customer change their Ringback Caller InTunes?
Customers may change the Ringback Caller InTunes that is played to their callers as often as they wish.
27. Can a customer set a different Ringback Caller InTunes for specific callers?
Yes. The Ringback Caller InTunes service allows a subscriber to set a particular InTune for a specific number or group of numbers.
InTunes service has other features that allow the customer to personalize the tune callers hear when their number is dialed.
28. What other features are available with the Ringback Caller InTunes service?
Other options for personalization includes, but not limited to: o Setting the day of the week the tune should be played
- Settings the day of the week and time the tone should be played
- Setting a tone to play on a particular date
- Select a blacklist of numbers that Ringback Caller InTunes will not be played for.
Note: Numbers entered in the Blacklist will hear the regular ring-ring when the InTune subscriber’s number is dialed.
29. Is the customer charged each time someone calls them and the Ringback Caller InTunes is played?
No. Customers will not be charged each time someone calls them and hears their InTune.
Digicel does not charge a customer to receive a call.
30. Is a Digicel subscriber charged when they call and hear someone’s Ringback Caller InTunes?
No. Callers are not charged when they call someone and Ringback Caller InTunes is played.
Digicel only charges its customers when the call is connected. That is, someone answers the phone or call goes to voicemail.
31. As a Customer Care agent how do I assist a customer who has forgotten the password to the InTunes service?
As a Customer Care agent you may assist the customer by resetting the password.
The password may be reset by verifying the customer using any of the approved verification methods. Once the customer has been verified the password may be reset via the CC InTunes GUI by clicking on the “Regenerate PIN” link.
If the customer is unable to verify the account advice the customer to send the word “password” in a text from the handset.
Customer will then receive an SMS with the password. OR
Advice the customer to use the Forget Password option on the WEB interface.
32. Can the same password be used for the IVR and WEB interface?
Yes. Upon subscribing the passwords for the IVR and WEB interface are the same.
If the password is changed via the IVR it is not automatically changed on the WEB, and vice versa.
33. Does the Ringback Caller InTunes service works while the customer is roaming?
Yes. If someone calls a subscriber to the Ringback Caller InTunes service while the person is roaming they will hear the InTune being played.
34. If a postpaid customer does a MSISDN change with an active Ringback Caller InTunes subscription will the service still be active after the change?
35. If a prepaid customer changes his/ her number can the Ringback Caller InTunes service be transferred to the new number?
The InTune subscription is not transferrable. Therefore, if a customer changes his/ her number he/ she will be required to subscribe to the service from the new number.
36. If a customer converts from prepaid to postpaid and vice versa, will they need to re-subscribe to the service?
No. The Ringback Caller InTunes service is connected to the customers MSISDN. Hence, the InTunes subscription will still be available after a service conversion.
All InTune settings including albums will be stored during conversion.
37. What is the Caller Gift Tune feature?
The Caller Gift Tune allows an Ringback Caller InTunes subscriber to purchase and send a tune to another InTunes subscriber. Note: An InTunes can only be gifted to another InTunes subscriber. Customers will not be able to gift a tune to a non-subscriber.
38. Is there a cost to gift a Ringback Caller InTunes to another subscriber?
The customer will pay the regular charge of $1 to purchase the InTunes. There is no additional charge for gifting the InTune to another subscriber.
The subscriber receiving the InTunes will not be charged.
39. Can a customer unsubscribe from the Ringback Caller InTunes service before the subscription expires?
Yes. Customers have the option of unsubscribing from the service before the subscription expires.
40. How does a customer unsubscribe?
Customers have five 3 options available for unsubscribing from the InTunes: o IVR by dialing 333
- SMS by sending keyword “unsub” to 333
- WEB by accessing link on the Digicel Jamaica website
Unsubscribe via IVR
Customer dials 333. Will then receive prompt to press 5 to unsubscribe from the service Unsubscribe via SMS
Send SMS with keyword “unsub” to service number 333 . Unsubscribe via USSD
Log on to the Digicel Cayman website at www.digicelcayman.com
Click on the RBT link
Login to the interface
Click on the “” link
41. Will the callers still hear the InTune playing after a customer has unsubscribed from the service?
No. After unsubscribing the regular ring will be played to all callers.
Appendix – SMS Commands
SET <rbt code>
SET <rbt code> <msisdn>
Set RBT for a particular number
SET <rbt code> <msisdn> <day> <time>
Set RBT for a particular number, on a specific day of the week and time
SET <rbt code><date>
Set RBT for a particular date
SET <rbt code> <msisdn> <day> <start hour> <end hours>
SET RBT for a particular number, on a particular day of the week during set hours
SET <rbt code> <msisdn> notify
Activate feature to send automated SMS to friend once an RBT has been selected for their number
SETGRP <rbt code> <group name>
Set RBT for a group
SETGRP <rbt code> <group name> <day>
Set RBT for a group for a particular day of the week
SET <rbt code> <group name> <day> <start hour> <end hour>
Set RBT for a group on a particular day of the week during specific hours of the day
Request info on how to set RBT
Set RBT to be played randomly
GIFT <msisdn> <rbt code>
Purchase RBT for a friend
Request list of categories
CAT <cat code>
Request list of tunes in the category selected
ADDRBT <rbt code>
Add a RBT to default album
ADDWLT <album name>
Add a new album
ADDRBT <rbt code> <album name>
Add RBT to an album
MODWLT <old name> <new name>
Edit name of album
DELWLT <album name>
Delete an album
DELRBT <rbt code> <album name>
Delete a RBT from an album
MOVRBT <source album> <destination album> <rbt code>
Move RBT from one album to the next
To retrieve list of albums
ALBLIST <album name>
Retrieve list of RBT in a particular album
Blacklist a number from hearing RBT when your number is dialed
Subscribe to service
Unsubscribe from service
ADDGRP <group name> <msisdn>
Adding a group and number to the group simultaneously